- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 standard cake mix (homemade or pre-packaged)
- 16 oz of the frosting/filling of your choice
- 4 oz Chocolate (dark, semi-sweet, or white) to coat the truffles
- 4 oz add-ins (optional) such as mini-chocolate chips, walnuts, dried fruit, etc
- Bake the cake in a 9x13 pan as directed by the recipe/package selected.
- Tear the cake into small pieces while still warm (do not let the cake cool completely).
- Add the cake and frosting to a bowl and combine. Do not over mix - the cake/icing mixture should not be homogeneous.
- Use a spoon and form the mixture into balls.
- Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler and use two forks to roll the truffles into the melted chocolate.
- Place the truffles on a cookie rack to rest so that they don't "grow feet."
- Serve when the chocolate coating had cooled and hardened completely.
- To make a variety of flavors, split the cake among different bowls and add different icings/fillings.
NotesCake truffles are one of my favorite sweets - they're small, easily portable (to Super Bowl parties), and did I mention small? We brought a batch decorated in Indy blue and white to a Super Bowl party this past weekend. They were a huge hit!
Classic Chocolate Recipes
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More