- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 Pockets
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Your favorite pie filling
- 1. Mix shortening, flour and salt together with fork or pastry blender until very crumbly. Add as much cold water as needed to hold together, and mix lightly with fork.
- 2. Divide dough in two pieces and roll, one at a time, to the size of Sandwich Maker surface. Gently place on pre-heated surface.
- 3. Spoon one tablespoon or so of fruit/pie filling into each pocket. Cover with second piece of dough. Close and latch Sandwich Maker and let cook until crust is golden brown.
- 4. Gently remove with spatula (the crusts break/crumble easily)
NotesMy mom used to make something like this for my sisters and I when we were kids. She used the Sandwich Maker we had, and used bread instead of pie crust, I think. I think these would be great warm topped with ice cream, or as a take-along for a picnic. I've even frozen some and reheated them in the oven later.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More