- Cooking Time: 50-60 mins
- Servings: 1 cake
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
BackstoryIf you have been searching for the easiest fruit cake recipe on the planet – search no longer. I have found it! I clipped this recipe from a magazine about 10 years ago, and stupidly never made it. But fate intervened, championing this recipe’s potential, as it fell out of my ancient recipe file while I was desperately searching for my grandmother’s cinnamon smoothie milk shake recipe. I almost hurriedly threw it away, only to discover, as I gave it a quick glance, that I just might hold the golden fruit cake ticket. Well, for those of us with no time! I am not going to mislead all of you fruit cake aficionados. This is not the most moist, flavor-filled fruit cake in the gluten-free world. However, it is pretty good if you want to whip up a tea cake with no time and very little ingredients! Serve it slathered with some butter or vegan spread and devour. YUM!
- 2 cups organic dried mixed fruit (raisins, currants, apricots, citrus peels, pineapple, apple)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp xanthan
- Soak fruit in fruit juice over night.
- Put mixture in your mixer and gradually sift in all dry ingredients.
- Cook in a medium greased loaf tin (25cm by 8 cm or 10 inches by 3 inches) for 50-60 minutes at about 180C/350F.
- Spread with butter or vegan spread and enjoy with a beautiful cup of tea.