- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 15 pieces Extra Wide Lasagna
- 1 jar pesto
- 15 oz. container Ricotta
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (approx. 12 oz. block)
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese (approx. 12 oz. block)
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- Brown the meat, then add the spaghetti sauce. Then, mix the pesto and ricotta cheese together. Layer the lasagna as follows:
- 5 pieces of lasagna
- Pesto/Ricotta mixture
- Meat/sauce mixture
- Repeat three times, but for the last layer, only layer the lasagna, pesto/ricotta mixture and meat mixture. Cook for 20 minutes at 350. Then, put the remaining mozzarella and cheddar on top and bake for another 20 minutes.
NotesMy good friend made this for my family when I got home from the hospital with my first child. I had to have the recipe, and now I pass it on to others who love it too nearly every time I make it. Very simple and very customizable -- you can use turkey or beef, low fat cheeses, different kinds of spaghetti sauces, it's still great every time. My husband (who never eats leftovers) swears its better the next day, and the next. . .
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Recipes for Vitality
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More