- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 4 cups of apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- dash of salt
- 1 1/3 Tbsp butter
- milk or cream to brush over crust
- Un-roll crust as per package directions and lay into a 9" pie plate, which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Do not trim or crimp crust.
- In a mixing bowl, put about 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice (how much depends on how tart the apples are...about 2 tsp)
- In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 Tbsp flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and a dash of salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the apples and toss to combine well.
- Turn mixture into the pie shell, doming it in middle.
- Dot filling with about 1-1/2 Tbsp butter.
- Fold over the excess crust onto the filling, then brush the crust with a little milk or cream, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about an hour, until crust is a deep golden brown, and apples are tender.
- Cool slightly, before serving wedges with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- The added bonus to making this dessert is that the house smells wonderful while it's baking!!
NotesMy cousin who lives down the road, brought me some beautiful Winesap apples from his tree. I happened to have one store-bought pie crust (the refrigerated rolled kind) and this is what I did:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Foodie BabySee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More