- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is the apple pie my Mom made for my brother and I.
- 2 9" pie crusts
- 6-8 large tart apples (golden delicious, granny smith, gravenstein, mcintosh, northern spy work best for pies)
- 3/4 cups brown or white sugar (I usually mix the 2 sugars together)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- flour (if needed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peel and slice apples into even sized cubes/chunks into a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients and mix well. (If very juicy, you can add 1 tablespoon flour).
- Pour mixture into 9 inch pie crust.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter and cut it up into few pieces and space out among apples.
- Cover with top crust and pinch crust ends together to seal.
- Poke a few holes with fork and brush top with milk/egg mixture with touch of white sugar.
- Cook at 350 degrees for about 50-60 minutes.
- Feel free to enjoy with ice cream, whipped cream or both!