- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 9" pie crusts
- 6-8 large tart apples (golden delicious, granny smith, gravenstein, mcintosh, northern spy work best for pies)
- 3/4 cups brown or white sugar (I usually mix the 2 sugars together)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- flour (if needed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peel and slice apples into even sized cubes/chunks into a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients and mix well. (If very juicy, you can add 1 tablespoon flour).
- Pour mixture into 9 inch pie crust.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter and cut it up into few pieces and space out among apples.
- Cover with top crust and pinch crust ends together to seal.
- Poke a few holes with fork and brush top with milk/egg mixture with touch of white sugar.
- Cook at 350 degrees for about 50-60 minutes.
- Feel free to enjoy with ice cream, whipped cream or both!
NotesThis is the apple pie my Mom made for my brother and I.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More