- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 C beef broth
- 1 lb shredded cheese, colbyjack
- 1 pkg corn tortillas
- 1 large can red enchilada sauce
- green onions
- black olives
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Brown your ground beef until no longer pink and drain.
- Then add taco seasoning, cumin & beef broth. (you could add salsa or taco sauce or season the meat any way you like)
- Cook a few more minutes and remove from heat.
- You need to heat the corn tortillas to make them more pliable.
- To do this, I dampen a linen kitchen towel or napkin with water.
- Then place 4 or 5 tortillas at a time on half of damp napkin.
- Fold napkin over tortillas and microwave for 30 seconds.
- While the first batch of tortillas is in the microwave, get a 13x9 baking dish and put just enough enchilada sauce in the bottom to coat it.
- When the tortillas come out of the microwave, sprinkle some cheese down the middle.
- Then add about 1/4 C of meat on top of the cheese.
- Fold one half of the tortilla over the middle.
- Then fold the other half over the middle.
- Place seam side down in the 13x9 pan.
- Continue until the pan is full.
- Spoon enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover generously.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- You can also top them with black olives and/or green onions.
- Bake at 350F approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and guacamole.
- These can also be made ahead and baked when you're ready to eat. I made these Friday night to take to my friend's cottage and have for dinner Saturday night!
- You can really fill these with whatever you like. Add kidney beans, refried beans, whatever beans you like, add grilled veggies, different cheeses. The combinations are only limited by your imagination!
NotesI make enchiladas often. I usually use whatever I have on hand or whatever is leftover. But I decided to write down just the basic recipe.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More