- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups Bisquick or other good quality mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 good quality beer at room temperature (not
- 3/4 stick butter or butter-flavored shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 or 400 degrees.
- Melt butter and cover the bottom of a jelly-roll
- pan (straight sided baking sheet)
- Mix dry ingredients well in large bowl.
- Add beer as needed to form a wet, sticky dough. Mix as little as possible.
- Turn out on floured surface, pat to a 1/2" to 1" thickness and cut with cookie cutter or a water glass.
- Place slightly separated on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until just lightly brown.
- Don't overcook so they won't dry out.
- I discovered that if these are allowed to sit
- out a little before baking, they really rise.
NotesQuick and easy - makes a big pan of biscuits to go with fried chicken.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More