- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWe eat lots of chicken in my house and it's hard to find new chicken recipes. This one is very good and the bacon adds a different flavor. I serve mine over white rice.
- 2 tsp. oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 1 cup Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 slices Ready to Serve Bacon, crumbled
- HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, the dressing and tomato paste.
- ADD chicken; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through.
- SPRINKLE with cheese and bacon; simmer, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Serve over hot cooked MINUTE Rice, if desired.