EASY BLACKBERRY PEACH PIE/COBBLER
Easy Blackberry Peach Pie/Cobbler
- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 sticks chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into pieces (I used Crisco with butter sticks)
- 4 tablespoons ice water or more, if needed
- 2 cans sliced peaches in pear juice, drain, reserving 1/3 cup of juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 cup tapioca
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
Combine the flour, sugar, salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
Scatter the butter and shortening over the top of the flour mixture and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add the water a few tablespoons at a time and pulse until the dough just comes together.
Remove the dough from the machine and lightly knead on a flat surface until it just comes together.
Form into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine peaches and juice, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and tapioca in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
Add blackberries and set aside.
Divide the dough in half and roll each half out on pieces of plastice wrap
lightly floured surface to 13 inch round.
Transfer 1 of the rounds into the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
Pour the fruit into the crust.
Scatter the butter over the top.
Roll up remaining dough on rolling pin and unroll atop peach mixture.
Trim edges of both crusts to 3/4-inch overhang.
Fold edges over and press to seal.
Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
Sprinkle the top with a cinnamon/sugar if you want.
Bake, covering edges of crust with foil if browning too quickly, about 1 hour 20 to 30 minutes, until the bottom crust is brown and the juices bubbling. Cool for 3 hours.