- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstorySplit pea recipe for broccoli salad, the is a classic recipe remixed.
- ½ cup dried green split peas
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 2 ½ cups broccoli, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, diced
- Red pepper, chopped (for a spark of color and flavor)
- 3 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add peas, reduce heat to a slow boil for approximately 25 minutes, until barely tender, drain and cool (1/2 cup split peas will basically double in size after cooking).
- In a large bowl, mix together cauliflower, broccoli, onion, cheese, crumbled bacon and tomatoes. Add cooled peas.
- Mix dressing together in a medium size bowl and check for taste before putting it on the salad. Add more lemon juice if you want the dressing to challenge your taste buds a little.
- Cover and refrigerate prior to serving, anywhere from 3 – 24 hours for the best flavor.