- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 standard cake mix (homemade or pre-packaged)
- 16 oz of the frosting/filling of your choice
- 4 oz Chocolate (dark, semi-sweet, or white) to coat the truffles
- 4 oz add-ins (optional) such as mini-chocolate chips, walnuts, dried fruit, etc
- Bake the cake in a 9x13 pan as directed by the recipe/package selected.
- Tear the cake into small pieces while still warm (do not let the cake cool completely).
- Add the cake and frosting to a bowl and combine. Do not over mix - the cake/icing mixture should not be homogeneous.
- Use a spoon and form the mixture into balls.
- Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler and use two forks to roll the truffles into the melted chocolate.
- Place the truffles on a cookie rack to rest so that they don't "grow feet."
- Serve when the chocolate coating had cooled and hardened completely.
- To make a variety of flavors, split the cake among different bowls and add different icings/fillings.
NotesCake truffles are one of my favorite sweets - they're small, easily portable (to Super Bowl parties), and did I mention small? We brought a batch decorated in Indy blue and white to a Super Bowl party this past weekend. They were a huge hit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Short & SweetSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More