- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tube of crescent rolls (original flavor)
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting (I used Betty Crocker), for the icing on the cheese danish
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and flour. Set it aside.
- Line a baking pan with tin foil, grease it, and set it aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls, leaving the crescents in rectangles. On the greased baking pan, lay the crescent roll rectangles together, lining them up width wise.
- Press the edges together to even them out and seal any holes.
- Cut 1/2 inch wide diagonal strips on each side of the dough.
- Spread the cream cheese filling down the center of the dough, leaving 2 to 3 inches on either side.
- Fold the 1/2 inch wide dough strips up and over the filling, alternating sides so it looks like a braided pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set and the dough is golden brown.
- Let the danish cool on the baking pan (about 15 minutes).
- In a small bowl, microwave the vanilla frosting for 15 to 30 seconds and drizzle the icing over the danish and serve.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More