- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from my mom, who got it from a friend of hers. It is SO delicious, you will want to lick the pan AND the plate when you're finished.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into pieces (can use turkey bacon)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt*
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper*
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz. fresh green beans (can use more, if desired)
- 2 medium [plum] tomatoes, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette or Italian dressing (or use 1/4 cup of each and combine, if you prefer)
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet until crisp. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet with bacon. Cook until brown on both sides; drain bacon drippings. Add water and green beans to skillet. Cover and cook on medium for 8-10 minutes; add bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and dressing. Cook uncovered about 3 minutes (or until veggies are your desired crispness/tenderness), stirring until tomatoes are heated. (Chicken should be clear when cut).
- *Notes: I found that this amount was too much pepper for my taste, but not enough garlic salt. You can season it as you desire.