- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each cut into four pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- Place chicken in 3 or 4 quart slow cooker. Top with soup, mushrooms and water; stir gently to mix and spread evenly over chicken.
- 2. Cover; cook on low setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.
- 3. About 15 minutes before serving, stir thawed peas and rice into chicken mixture. Cover, cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
NotesThe recipe calls for cream of chicken soup but I grabbed cream of celery by mistake. We discovered we liked my mistake much better than when I fixed it the second time I made this. Try the cream of celery!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More