EASY CHICKEN & STUFFING BAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained
- garlic salt, cracked black pepper, Lawry's seasoned salt, to taste
- oil and/or butter for browning chicken
- Season cut chicken with spices to taste.
- Heat oil/butter in skillet and brown chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside.
- Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with the stuffing.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
NotesI've always skipped by recipes that had stuffing in the mix! To me, stuffing was a side dish served along with turkey at Thanksgiving! It just didn't sound good to me having stuffing mixed in with other things! Well, that has changed!
I attended my daughter's sports awards banquet and I saw a casserole with stuffing in it or maybe it was the topping and I thought, "what the heck, I'm going to try it and boy was I ever surprised! I loved it! It was crazy good! I really wanted the recipe but with a room full of a couple hundred of people I knew that was impossible! I thought of leaving a note in the empty casserole dish with my email addy but I didn't know if that would be tacky so I didn't!
I went on the hunt for recipes like this and thought this sounded right up my alley and boy was it the right recipe for us! I tweaked it somewhat by cooking the chicken first and adding spices and I added these steps into the directions! So creamy, moist and delicious! I thought I had a bag of veggies but it ended up that I didn't so no veggies in it this time but it didn't matter because it was sooooo good! I do want to try it with the veggies next time but like I said, very good without them!
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner for sure!