- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices bacon, cut into pieces (can use turkey bacon)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt*
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper*
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz. fresh green beans (can use more, if desired)
- 2 medium [plum] tomatoes, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette or Italian dressing (or use 1/4 cup of each and combine, if you prefer)
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet until crisp. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet with bacon. Cook until brown on both sides; drain bacon drippings. Add water and green beans to skillet. Cover and cook on medium for 8-10 minutes; add bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and dressing. Cook uncovered about 3 minutes (or until veggies are your desired crispness/tenderness), stirring until tomatoes are heated. (Chicken should be clear when cut).
- *Notes: I found that this amount was too much pepper for my taste, but not enough garlic salt. You can season it as you desire.
NotesI got this recipe from my mom, who got it from a friend of hers. It is SO delicious, you will want to lick the pan AND the plate when you're finished.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More