- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Stewed or Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 C. Ketchup
- 1 (15 oz) can Chili Beans, with Jalepenos
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 - 1 C. Water
- 1 TBLSP. Carrol Shelby's Chili mix (or to taste), or 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Seasoned Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot cook the ground chicken and onion, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through (it will turn from pink to a off white color when fully cooked). Drain the grease from the pot.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, ketchup, beans and water to the meat and onions.
- Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a low heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or longer.
- I serve this over Tortilla Chips and Cheese or Frito Lays and Cheese. You can also add Salsa, Sour Cream with Green Onions, or Guacamole to this too, as toppings.
NotesThis is my Mother's Chili recipe that I converted into a healthier Chili with the addition of Chicken and a few other ingredients.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More