- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Stewed or Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 C. Ketchup
- 1 (15 oz) can Chili Beans, with Jalepenos
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 - 1 C. Water
- 1 TBLSP. Carrol Shelby's Chili mix (or to taste), or 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Seasoned Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot cook the ground chicken and onion, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through (it will turn from pink to a off white color when fully cooked). Drain the grease from the pot.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, ketchup, beans and water to the meat and onions.
- Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a low heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or longer.
- I serve this over Tortilla Chips and Cheese or Frito Lays and Cheese. You can also add Salsa, Sour Cream with Green Onions, or Guacamole to this too, as toppings.
NotesThis is my Mother's Chili recipe that I converted into a healthier Chili with the addition of Chicken and a few other ingredients.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More