- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is my Mother's Chili recipe that I converted into a healthier Chili with the addition of Chicken and a few other ingredients.
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Stewed or Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 C. Ketchup
- 1 (15 oz) can Chili Beans, with Jalepenos
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 - 1 C. Water
- 1 TBLSP. Carrol Shelby's Chili mix (or to taste), or 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Seasoned Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot cook the ground chicken and onion, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through (it will turn from pink to a off white color when fully cooked). Drain the grease from the pot.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, ketchup, beans and water to the meat and onions.
- Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a low heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or longer.
- I serve this over Tortilla Chips and Cheese or Frito Lays and Cheese. You can also add Salsa, Sour Cream with Green Onions, or Guacamole to this too, as toppings.