- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI've had this recipe for years and everyone who's tried it has loved it. I don't know where it originated but I like it because its easy to make and delicious.
- 1 whole chicken or chicken pieces of your choice, boiled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth - saved from chicken
- 1 cup Self-rising Flour
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Boil chicken, then debone and chop,place in bottom of oblong casserole dish. Reserve the broth.
- Mix the soups and two cups of the chicken broth and heat together in a medium saucepan until hot. Pour over chopped chicken.
- Make crust by mixing the flour, melted butter, buttermilk and pepper.
- Pour over casserole but do not stir.
- Bake at 400 degrees approximately 30 minutes or until crust is brown. The crust will rise to the top as it bakes.