EASY CHICKEN PIE
- 1 whole chicken or chicken pieces of your choice, boiled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth - saved from chicken
- 1 cup Self-rising Flour
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
Boil chicken, then debone and chop,place in bottom of oblong casserole dish. Reserve the broth.
Mix the soups and two cups of the chicken broth and heat together in a medium saucepan until hot. Pour over chopped chicken.
Make crust by mixing the flour, melted butter, buttermilk and pepper.
Pour over casserole but do not stir.
Bake at 400 degrees approximately 30 minutes or until crust is brown. The crust will rise to the top as it bakes.