- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken or chicken pieces of your choice, boiled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth - saved from chicken
- 1 cup Self-rising Flour
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Boil chicken, then debone and chop,place in bottom of oblong casserole dish. Reserve the broth.
- Mix the soups and two cups of the chicken broth and heat together in a medium saucepan until hot. Pour over chopped chicken.
- Make crust by mixing the flour, melted butter, buttermilk and pepper.
- Pour over casserole but do not stir.
- Bake at 400 degrees approximately 30 minutes or until crust is brown. The crust will rise to the top as it bakes.
NotesI've had this recipe for years and everyone who's tried it has loved it. I don't know where it originated but I like it because its easy to make and delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
MetroCooking Texas 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More