- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can black beans -- (15 ounce) rinsed and drained
- 2 cans whole kernel corn -- (15.25 ounce) drained (I used frozen)
- 1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves (5 to 6)
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese (you can use less-fat variety)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 3.5 or 4-quart electric slow cooker, mix together beans, corn, and 1/2 cup salsa. Top with chicken breasts, then pour remaining salsa over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2.5-3 hours or until chicken is tender and white throughout. Do not overcook or chicken will be tough. Remove chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add back to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese (cut into cubes to melt faster) and turn cooker to high heat. Heat until cream cheese melts and blends into sauce. Serve over rice. Top with shredded cheese.
NotesSource of Recipe
The only change I make in this recipe is to use one can of corn and 2 cans of black beans.
Everyone likes it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
MetroCooking Texas 2013
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More