- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 20
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped (divided)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red chili pepper paste
- 1 large can red Enchilada sauce (can use Tomato Sauce + extra spices)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 small can chopped green chiles OR equivalent fresh
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped minced fresh garlic (jarred type)
- olive oil to saute chicken breast
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 oz Mexican blend shredded cheese (or any type cheese you like)
- 4 oz mild cheddar cheese
- 8 oz plain Greek yogurt
- cooking spray
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- chopped lettuce (to serve with)
- 1 cup sour cream
- grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (for topping)
- (to serve with)
- Saute chopped onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add diced boneless skinless chicken breast, and saute until just done.
- Mix chicken in bowl with greek Yogurt, cheddar cheese, chopped chiles, 1 chopped tomato, and 1 tbsp fresh cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In same skillet with chicken drippings, heat Enchilada sauce, chopped tomato, 1 tbsp cilantro, cumin, chili pepper paste, lime juice to a low boil. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Spray a 9 x 12 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fill a corn tortilla with a heaping soup spoon of chicken-yogurt mixture.
- Place filled tortilla folded side down, repeat until are all filled
- Place filled enchiladas close to each other.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Sprinkle additional cheese on top.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Chop fresh lettuce.
- Mix sour cream with lime zest and 1 tbsp cilantro.
- Serve with the fresh lettuce and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with fresh chopped lettuce and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
NotesMy whole family enjoys Mexican food, and this is definitely a crowd pleaser. I adapted it quite a bit from a recipe from Breakstone Sour Cream's website.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Jean’s Recipe File
Cooking with SabraSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More