EASY CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- Cooking Time: Depends on Method
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 46 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 anaheim chilies, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3-4 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Garnish (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, pulled from stem
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Squeeze of Lime juice
- Throw everything except the garnishes in your crock pot and let it cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Garnishes are listed under ingredients. Use what you like and give it a squeeze of lime.
- If you don't have a crock pot Saute the garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for at least an hour so that the flavors mix together
NotesI love easy recipes, this one can be made in the crock pot or in a dutch oven or large pot. Like most of my recipes this is so old I have no idea where it came from. This is another one that you can play with and change to your liking. It is very hard to mess up.