- Cooking Time: Depends on Method
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 46 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 anaheim chilies, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3-4 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Garnish (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, pulled from stem
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Squeeze of Lime juice
- Throw everything except the garnishes in your crock pot and let it cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Garnishes are listed under ingredients. Use what you like and give it a squeeze of lime.
- If you don't have a crock pot Saute the garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for at least an hour so that the flavors mix together
NotesI love easy recipes, this one can be made in the crock pot or in a dutch oven or large pot. Like most of my recipes this is so old I have no idea where it came from. This is another one that you can play with and change to your liking. It is very hard to mess up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More