- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large can of V8
- 1 (29oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can black-eye peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, then drain and crumble.
- In a large pot, combine ground beef, V8, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, black-eye peas, onion, bell pepper, oregano,black pepper, chili powder.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Then reduce to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
NotesThis is a very easy Chili recipe. My 10 year old son made this for a 4-H Chili cook-off and took first place.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More