- Cooking Time: 145
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter,softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 pkgs(15oz.) light raisins
- 1 jar(8oz.) candied cherries
- 1 jar(8oz.) chopped citron
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 10-inch tube pan. Line bottom and side with brown paper; grease paper.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium, beat butter with sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs,one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- At low speed, gradually beat flour in flour. Add raisins,cherries,and citron. With spoon,mix until well combined.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake about 2 hours and 25 minutes, or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack, 30 minutes. Turn out of pan; let cool completely on rack. Makes 5-pound cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Lau Family Recipes
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More