- Cooking Time: 145
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter,softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 pkgs(15oz.) light raisins
- 1 jar(8oz.) candied cherries
- 1 jar(8oz.) chopped citron
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 10-inch tube pan. Line bottom and side with brown paper; grease paper.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium, beat butter with sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs,one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- At low speed, gradually beat flour in flour. Add raisins,cherries,and citron. With spoon,mix until well combined.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake about 2 hours and 25 minutes, or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack, 30 minutes. Turn out of pan; let cool completely on rack. Makes 5-pound cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Special SmoothiesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More