- Cooking Time: 145
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter,softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 pkgs(15oz.) light raisins
- 1 jar(8oz.) candied cherries
- 1 jar(8oz.) chopped citron
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 10-inch tube pan. Line bottom and side with brown paper; grease paper.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium, beat butter with sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs,one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- At low speed, gradually beat flour in flour. Add raisins,cherries,and citron. With spoon,mix until well combined.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake about 2 hours and 25 minutes, or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack, 30 minutes. Turn out of pan; let cool completely on rack. Makes 5-pound cake.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More