- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 4-10
- Preparation Time: 15-20
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, halved
- Either Swiss or Mozzarella (I prefer mozzarella),
- thinly sliced Prosciutto (thinly sliced Italian ham)
- Bread crumbs (I prefer Progresso’s Italian flavored)
- 2 beaten eggs (if you want lower fat, use only the whites)
- Fresh garlic, finely minced
- Bell peppers
- Whole Fresh Garlic
- Pound down chicken breast using flat side of meat tenderizer until each piece is flattened and spread thin.
- Take breast and lay on 1 piece of prosciutto and one piece of cheese.
- Sprinkle/rub with garlic. Roll breast tightly to make pinwheels.
- Dip rolled meat into egg, then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Place rolls in shallow, non-stick baking pan, making sure to place the meat on the end of the roll to keep it sealed while cooking.
- Toothpicks can be used to seal the rolls.
- Bake chicken on middle rack of oven preheated to 425 degrees.
- Chicken needs to cook until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of roll reaches 140-160 degrees, approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
- Slice the roasted breasts into 2 inch sections to show the pinwheel and present.
- For an even easier and complete meal, use a longer baking dish and place vegetables to cook at one end halfway through the cooking time, except for the whole garlic, if used, which should be added at the beginning.
- My favorites are zucchini, onions, bell peppers and broccoli and lots of fresh garlic.
- Lightly drizzle the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil before baking.
- To serve the veggies, after roasting, lightly toss with a little balsamic vinegar.
NotesI don't remember how I obtained this recipe, but in addition to dinner, it's easy, healthy and makes a great potluck dish! You can also prepare the dish, and then freeze the results for a handy, tasty and envy-producing lunch... I've received many requests for this in the past so I'm eager to share it with my peers.
Submitted by: "Jeanine Maury"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More