- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom and chicken soup
- 1 can-ful of milk
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Over medium heat, combine condensed soup and Parmesan cheese in a small saucepan. Fill empty soup can with milk, add it to the saucepan gradually, until sauce is at desired consistency. Stir well, heating sauce for 10-15 minutes until smooth (do not bring to a boil, reduce heat if needed). Top with ground pepper to taste, serve immediately over pasta.
- If you bring the pasta water to a boil first, the sauce will be ready by the time the pasta is cooked. Spoon sauce over pasta, top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
NotesWant a bowl of comfort food? Try this simple and quick recipe for a homemade “Alfredo” style sauce. Toss this sauce with any pasta, such as angel hair or fettuccine. I prefer whole wheat pasta, it seems heartier to me, but that’s my personal taste. This sauce is warm, creamy, and soothing after a harsh winter day. There is no need to add salt to this sauce, as the condensed soup has enough sodium.