- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shreded pizza cheese
- Heat oven to 400
- Cut bread loaf horizontally in half and then crosswise in half to make 4 pieces (so it fits on a cookie sheet).
- Rip out some of the bread to form a 'ditch' in the middle of the bread.
- Cook ground beef with salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste in a skillet until done and then drain.
- Stir in pizza sauce and half of the bacon.
- Spread hot beef mixture over bread, sprinkle with the cheese, the rest of the bacon and any other topping of your choice.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until pizza is hot and cheese is melted.
NotesThis is a quick and simple pizza that my kids love. And you can customize it any way you'd like. All you need is a loaf of crusty bread (like French or a hard crusted Italian) for the crust. I always make mine with bacon and hamburger and whatever else I have in the fridge that sounds like a good pizza topping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More