- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pkg spice cake mix
- 1 pkg (3 3/4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves, heated just til liquidy
- 1/4 cup Apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, apricot preserves, apricot brandy, and vegetable oil.
- Beat on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Fold in the chopped fruits and nuts.
- Turn batter into two eight inch cake pans lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan then remove to a rack to cool thoroughly.
NotesA friend passed this on to me from her grandmother.
Delicious Bahamian Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Cole Family Cookbook 2015See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More