- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pkg spice cake mix
- 1 pkg (3 3/4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves, heated just til liquidy
- 1/4 cup Apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, apricot preserves, apricot brandy, and vegetable oil.
Beat on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
Fold in the chopped fruits and nuts.
Turn batter into two eight inch cake pans lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes.
Cool for 15 minutes in the pan then remove to a rack to cool thoroughly.