- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryI adapted this recipe from the out of print cookbook, "Wanda's Pie in the Sky". This is the base for the Skor Brownies. I omitted the frosting and replaced nuts with chocolate chips.
- 1 1/3 cups butter (softened)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cooled very strong coffee (I use espresso powder & boiling water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups dutch processed cocoa (I use Penzey's brand)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli semisweet from the grocery store)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13” pan, line with foil or parchment paper & butter again. (This makes the brownies easy to remove from the pan and to cut.)
- 2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat (or microwave).
- 3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugars, coffee and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 4. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
- 5. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to the beaten egg mixture and stir until combined.
- 6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 7. Pour in the prepared pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- 8. Cool in the pan. Then, remove from the pan by pulling up on the foil/parchment. Cut the brownies and place in an airtight container.