- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/3 cups butter (softened)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cooled very strong coffee (I use espresso powder & boiling water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups dutch processed cocoa (I use Penzey's brand)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli semisweet from the grocery store)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13” pan, line with foil or parchment paper & butter again. (This makes the brownies easy to remove from the pan and to cut.)
- 2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat (or microwave).
- 3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugars, coffee and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 4. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
- 5. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to the beaten egg mixture and stir until combined.
- 6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 7. Pour in the prepared pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- 8. Cool in the pan. Then, remove from the pan by pulling up on the foil/parchment. Cut the brownies and place in an airtight container.
NotesI adapted this recipe from the out of print cookbook, "Wanda's Pie in the Sky". This is the base for the Skor Brownies. I omitted the frosting and replaced nuts with chocolate chips.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More