- Cooking Time: 6-8 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp plus 1 TB olive oil, divided
- 4 TB brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Extra Dry Vermouth (can use white wine or chicken broth)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, butterflied in half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375'
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, saute the garlic in 1 TB of olive oil, until tender but not brown. This should only take a minute. Remove from heat and add the brown sugar and vermouth. Return to heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until reduced, stirring frequently.
- While that is going on, season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper
- In an oven safe large skillet, heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat and brown the chicken on both sides, about 2 or 3 minutes per side. Keep an eye on it. Once it's lightly brown, turn it. The aim here is to brown, not cook.
- Note: if you do not have an oven save skillet, after browning, place the chicken in a casserole dish.
- Once the garlic sauce has reduced a bit, pour it over the chicken evenly...making sure that those bits of garlic get on each of your pieces of chicken. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 6 - 8 minutes.
- When you serve it, don't forget to spoon the juices in the pan over the chicken
NotesI saw this on Piniterest and knew I was destined to make it some day. (I did make a few changes to the original recipe) The chicken is great...and very garlicy. The vermouth cuts the sweetness a bit but it still has the benefit of the brown sugar apparent, which goes nicely with all that garlic. And it is incredibly tender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More