- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGrowing up home canned jams & jellies was an every year thing. Mostly we use fresh fruits, or peppers. But grapes were not growen on Grand daddy's farm. We'd buy the juice & do it that way. So here you go, it is as good as with fresh grapes.
Any kind of juice can be turned into jelly, even "mater" juice.
- 1 box Sure-Jell
- 2 cups grape juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- Few drops of red food color (optional)
- Scalded jelly jars
- In a large saucepan mix Sure-Jell, grape juice, and water.
- Stir over high heat until mixture comes to a hard boil.
- Stir in sugar at once.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add food coloring, if using.
- With metal spoon skim off foam.
- Pour into canning jars, seal and turn upside down for 10 minutes.
- Then turn upright and let cool.
- You will hear the lids pop and seal as the jars cool down.
- Can also be frozen for up to a year or refrigerated for a month in airtight containers.