- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box Sure-Jell
- 2 cups grape juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- Few drops of red food color (optional)
- Scalded jelly jars
- In a large saucepan mix Sure-Jell, grape juice, and water.
- Stir over high heat until mixture comes to a hard boil.
- Stir in sugar at once.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add food coloring, if using.
- With metal spoon skim off foam.
- Pour into canning jars, seal and turn upside down for 10 minutes.
- Then turn upright and let cool.
- You will hear the lids pop and seal as the jars cool down.
- Can also be frozen for up to a year or refrigerated for a month in airtight containers.
NotesGrowing up home canned jams & jellies was an every year thing. Mostly we use fresh fruits, or peppers. But grapes were not growen on Grand daddy's farm. We'd buy the juice & do it that way. So here you go, it is as good as with fresh grapes.
Any kind of juice can be turned into jelly, even "mater" juice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More