EASY GREEK CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed red potato (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste or finely chopped olives
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 skinned, boned chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the thyme, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
Increase heat to medium-high.
Add potato; sauté 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown.
Stir in green beans, water, anchovy paste, and tomatoes.
Remove mixture from heat.
Nestle chicken thighs into potato mixture.
Top with feta cheese.
Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.