- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C). Clean turkey (discard giblets and organs), and place in a roasting pan with a lid.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil, ground sage, salt, and black pepper. Using a basting brush, apply the mixture to the outside of the uncooked turkey. Pour water into the bottom of the roasting pan, and cover.
- Bake for 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180° F (82° C). Remove bird from oven, and allow to stand for about 30 minutes before carving. Serves 6
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More