- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60 min
- 1/2 lb dried chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- (Optional) 2 tablespoons tahini
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped tomatoes and parsley for garnish
- If desired, soak chickpeas overnight in water. An easier method is to use a pressure cooker. Just cook them at high pressure for 30 minutes. Check to make sure the peas are very soft.
- Remove just the chickpeas from the water and place in food processor. Blend them until smooth, adding just enough cooking water to make a nice smooth mixture.
- As it processes, add olive oil, garlic, optional tahini, and salt and pepper.
- Spoon into serving bowl, garnishing with chopped tomato and parsley.
NotesDried beans are good to keep on hand. And hummus is great for all occasions.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More