- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60 min
- 1/2 lb dried chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- (Optional) 2 tablespoons tahini
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped tomatoes and parsley for garnish
- If desired, soak chickpeas overnight in water. An easier method is to use a pressure cooker. Just cook them at high pressure for 30 minutes. Check to make sure the peas are very soft.
- Remove just the chickpeas from the water and place in food processor. Blend them until smooth, adding just enough cooking water to make a nice smooth mixture.
- As it processes, add olive oil, garlic, optional tahini, and salt and pepper.
- Spoon into serving bowl, garnishing with chopped tomato and parsley.
NotesDried beans are good to keep on hand. And hummus is great for all occasions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Get Cookin'See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More