- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle Tabasco sauce (or your preferred bottled hot sauce)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 1. cut wings into pieces discarding tips.
- 2. wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3. pre-heat cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- 4. Slowly add 1/2 of the wing pieces to hot oil.
- 5. fry until golden brown.
- 6. In the meantime, in a large pan, melt the butter on a very low heat.
- 7. Add bottled hot sauce and BBQ sauce.
- 8. Keep sauce warm.
- 9. Add the cooked wings to the sauce.
- 10. Stir to coat.
NotesI don't like soggy skinned hot wings at all. I also don't like all the vinegar in commercial hot wings, so I came up with this recipe. Serve them with fresh vegetables and ranch or bleu cheese salad dressing. Use them as an appetizer or as a main course.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More