- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI don't like soggy skinned hot wings at all. I also don't like all the vinegar in commercial hot wings, so I came up with this recipe. Serve them with fresh vegetables and ranch or bleu cheese salad dressing. Use them as an appetizer or as a main course.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle Tabasco sauce (or your preferred bottled hot sauce)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 1. cut wings into pieces discarding tips.
- 2. wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3. pre-heat cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- 4. Slowly add 1/2 of the wing pieces to hot oil.
- 5. fry until golden brown.
- 6. In the meantime, in a large pan, melt the butter on a very low heat.
- 7. Add bottled hot sauce and BBQ sauce.
- 8. Keep sauce warm.
- 9. Add the cooked wings to the sauce.
- 10. Stir to coat.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More