- Cooking Time: 27
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 6- to 6 1/2-inch-diameter corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup purchased pico de gallo
- 2 to 3 teaspoons bottled chipotle hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray six 10-ounce custard cups with cooking spray. Stack tortillas; microwave uncovered until warm and flexible, about 25 seconds. Spray tortillas with cooking spray. Gently press 1 tortilla into each cup.
- Place pinto beans, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, and cumin in small bowl; mash coarsely with fork. Spoon bean mixture into bottom of tortilla cups, spreading and dividing evenly.
- Crack 1 egg into each tortilla cup atop beans.
- Sprinkle each with grated cheese, covering egg completely.
- Bake uncovered until egg yolks are firm to touch and whites are set, about 27 minutes (yolks will still be soft inside).
- Meanwhile, mix pico de gallo, 1/3 cup cilantro, and hot sauce in small bowl. Using large spoon, lift tortilla cups from dishes; transfer to plates. Top eggs with pico de gallo and serve immediately.
NotesThis is an easy recipe that I have adapted from Bon Appetit. Makes a good brunch dish. I like to serve it with tamale sauce for an extra kick.
The only things I changed was to use cooking spray on the tortillas and dishes to reduce the fat content...and I also used a mexican cheese blend rather than just monterrey jack cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More