- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- * 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- * 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- * 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chile paste (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, and fry for a few minutes until they become fragrant and begin to pop.
- Stir in chopped onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir together tomato paste and water, and pour into skillet.
- Stir in chicken, and cook until it has firmed and turned white, about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, brown sugar, chile paste, cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and continue to simmer until the chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.
NotesI heart Indian food
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More