- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Italian Sausage spicy / hot, bulk or links
- 1 pound Italian Sausage mild, bulk or links
- 2 bunch Broccoli
- 1 pound Carrot
- 1 pound Cauliflower
- 4 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 ea Onion medium sized
- 4 cup Chicken broth
- 2 ea Egg
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1 tblspoons Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- Mince garlic and chop onion to desired size.
- In LARGE pan, brown all sausage, onion and garlic over medium-high heat. If link sausage is used, remove casings. Break sausage into small chunks as necessary.
- While sausage is cooking, cut broccoli and cauliflower into medium-sized florets. Cut carrot into bite-sized chunks.
- Add broth to a stock pot and bring to a low boil.
- When sausage is fully cooked, and onions are clear, add vegetables to meat mixture. Stir in basil, oregano, and sault. Saute vegetables until done, but crisp.
- Place eggs in measuring cup, break yolks and scramble. Stir in 1 tsp water.
- When broth is boiling hot (but not bubbling), slowly pour in egg approximately 2 ounces at a time. Allow to cook for a few seconds and then stir gently. This should make an egg drop-type soup mixture. Continue adding egg in small amounts and stirring until all egg is added.
- Combine meat / vegetable mixture into stock pot.
- Optional - add rue mixture (melted butter with flour or corn starch) to thicken as desired.
- Serve with grated parmesan on top.
- Enjoy!! Even better the second day.
NotesFor the veggies I used zucchini, yellow squash, celery and carrots. I omitted the egg. I only used one pot so that the flavors on the bottom of the pan after cooking the sausage would help flavor the soup. I did add some flour to the liquid in the pan before adding the stock to slightly thicken the broth.
This recipe is easy because it allows you to do multiple things at once. While sausage is browning, you can prep vegetables. Likewise, while vegetables are cooking, you are able to prepare the soup stock.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Koken met Oma
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More