Easy Italian Style Meatloaf Recipe
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 7 ounce jar roasted red peppers chopped
1 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 cups of prepared tomato sauce
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Add your onion and garlic and saute until soft. Remove and set it aside on a plate to cool.
4. Grab yourself a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the cooled onions and garlic along with the the rest of your ingredients, except the tomato sauce, and combine.
5. Mix together well with your hands and form into a loaf and add it to an oiled oven safe tray.
6. Top the loaf with 1 cup of the prepared tomato sauce. Make certain that you spread the tomato sauce evenly over the top of the loaf.
7. Bake for about 1 hour or when the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Slice it up and serve.
Heat the remaining tomato sauce if desired and use for dipping.
Pairs Well With
I grew up in an Italian Family and I cannot think of a better way to cook meatloaf.
This recipe has been in my family for years and brings back wonderful memories every time I make it.
I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as I do.