EASY LAVENDER LEMON CUPCAKES
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 c homemade lavender simple syrup
- 1 box cake mix, lemon or butter
- lemon juice
- rind from on fresh lemon
- homemade cream cheese frosting
- Prepare the box cake mix, however replace any water with full strengh lemon juice. Add the rind of one lemon, bake according to directions on the box.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, add the lavender syrup on top of the cupcakes.
- Pipe cream cheese frosting on top
- Hint: When making my cream cheese frosting I add lemon rind and lemon juice, even a little of the lavender syrup. It give the extra edge to the cupcakes. I never meet a person who did not like these! These are a WINNER!
NotesI normally make cupcakes using a meyer's lemon cake recipe and making my own lavender syrup however, I was in a pinch and made this one day.