- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 45-50
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOK, I know it may seem like a lot of work to make crackers when there are a hundred to choose from on the supermarket shelf. But, these are SO easy, and there are no hydrogenated oils, preservatives, etc. These are super good with soups, chili and salads.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (sharp cheddar is really good in this)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt for topping
- Mix all the ingreients together. Shape into rolls about 1 1/4 inches wide and chill 2+ hours until firm.
- Cut in thin slices and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and press gently into the surface.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for about 5 minutes until browned. Make about 45-50.