- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 13x9 inch cake pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the flour and the brown sugar, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly, stir in the chopped nuts and set aside.
- In a double boiler or microwave melt chocolate chips and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the remaining 2 cups flour, white sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the shortening, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Blend and then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup of the batter and the melted cooled chocolate, mix well.
- Alternate spooning the light and the dark batters into the prepared 13x9 cake pan. Cut through with a knife to marble. Sprinkle top with the reserved nut mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool and enjoy!
NotesThis is a really easy marble cake that I make often. Every one comes back for seconds, thirds and fourths!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More