- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 pound bag fully cooked frozen meatballs (size may vary on the brand you buy)
- 24 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a sprayed skillet over medium heat, add meatballs and cook covered about 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, cover and continue cooking another 10 minutes, stirring meatballs around.
- Uncover and continue cooking until most of the water is gone, just a few minutes.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into skillet with meatballs and simmer until sauce is heated through, stirring well.
- To assemble subs, put 3 meatballs with sauce into hot dog buns and top with mozzarella cheese. If your meatballs are small, you will need to use more than 3 meatballs per sub.
- Makes 8 subs with 24 jumbo type meatballs.
NotesSo after a long day, you don't feel like cooking a big meal, well, this is the recipe for you! I found the best fully cooked meatballs at our local IGA grocery store! I first tasted them at a sports award banquet for my DD cheerleading and we were sitting with some friends and I told her the spaghetti and meatballs I was eating were awesome and she told me she made it! I asked her where she got the delicious meatballs and she said IGA! Needlees to say, I had to go and buy a bag and have been buying them ever since! They are frozen meatballs in a bag, made with beef and chicken, they are kind of jumbo compared to any other brand and the brand name is Signature! Delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More