- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 pound bag fully cooked frozen meatballs (size may vary on the brand you buy)
- 24 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a sprayed skillet over medium heat, add meatballs and cook covered about 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, cover and continue cooking another 10 minutes, stirring meatballs around.
- Uncover and continue cooking until most of the water is gone, just a few minutes.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into skillet with meatballs and simmer until sauce is heated through, stirring well.
- To assemble subs, put 3 meatballs with sauce into hot dog buns and top with mozzarella cheese. If your meatballs are small, you will need to use more than 3 meatballs per sub.
- Makes 8 subs with 24 jumbo type meatballs.
NotesSo after a long day, you don't feel like cooking a big meal, well, this is the recipe for you! I found the best fully cooked meatballs at our local IGA grocery store! I first tasted them at a sports award banquet for my DD cheerleading and we were sitting with some friends and I told her the spaghetti and meatballs I was eating were awesome and she told me she made it! I asked her where she got the delicious meatballs and she said IGA! Needlees to say, I had to go and buy a bag and have been buying them ever since! They are frozen meatballs in a bag, made with beef and chicken, they are kind of jumbo compared to any other brand and the brand name is Signature! Delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More