- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, mild, medium or hot
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 can black olives sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, sliced fine (remove seeds/pith if you like it mild)
- 1 pkg tortilla chips, 14 oz
- 1 - 1+1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 8 oz container sour cream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325º and spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking coating.
- In a skillet brown ground meat with garlic and green onion until meat is no longer pink, breaking meat into small pieces. Add both cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, taco seasoning, jalapeño pepper and olives.
- Simmer 25 minutes.
- In the 9x13" pan layer 1/2 bag tortilla chips, meat mixture, Mexican cheese blend, sour cream and remaining tortilla chips. Bake for 25 minutes, covered. Add sharp cheddar cheese and bake an additional 5 - 10 minutes, uncovered. Let stand 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
NotesI grabbed a few cans of Mexican foods from my pantry and came up with this delicious casserole. You can adjust the amount of jalapeño pepper to your family's liking. Use reduced fat cheeses and sour cream if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More