- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 12-24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the shortening, brown sugar and white sugar together in a bowl and beat well. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until well-blended.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon together. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the chopped nuts. Finally, add the oats and mix.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out dollops of the cookie mixture onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Place the cookies on a wire rack to cool.
NotesChewy, crunchy and delicious cookies with all the goodness of oats. This recipe is simple to make, high on taste and nutrition. Bake a batch of oatmeal cookies today!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More