EASY OMELET WITH SRI RACHAA SAUCE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 T water
- 2 T vegetable oil
- Sri Rachaa sauce, Tabasco sauce, or other hot sauce
- Combine the eggs, fish sauce, and water in a medium bowl and use a fork or whisk to blend them well.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet or wok over medium-high heat until a bit of the egg mixture sizzles and blooms at once.
- Pour in the eggs and as soon as they begin to set, pull the puffy edges gently toward the center, letting the uncooked eggs in the center flow out to the edges and cook.
- When the edges are golden and the surface is almost set, gently flip the omelet to cook the other side for 1 minute. Don't worry if it breaks; it will still be delicious.
- Scoop the omelet out onto a serving plate, and serve at once with small sauces of Sri Rachaa Sauce
NotesThis recipe comes from the cookbook Quick & Easy Thai 70 Everyday Recipes by Nancie McDermott.
The author suggests adding ground pork and chopped tomatoes, or for a vegetarian version substituting the fish sauce for lime juice and adding chopped herbs & a pinch of salt.
I used oyster sauce, which I had on hand, in place of the fish sauce, and beat a bit of furikake (Japanese) in with the eggs, then sprinkled grated Romano cheese and some more furikake on top before serving.