- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryEasy to make but doesn't mean this soup lacks any flavor.
- 2 large thinly sliced onions. (I prefer using a food processor)
- 2 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp flour
- 6 cups of beef consomme (about 5 cans)
- salt if needed
- 1 tsp pepper
- Fresh parmesan or swiss cheese
- Slice onions thin or use a food processor and brown them in the butter using a large pot.
- Stir in flour, making a roux and slowly add the consomme stirring while adding it to make it smooth.
- Season with salt (if needed) and pepper to taste and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with some fresh grated parmesan or swiss cheese over the top and fresh toasted bread.