- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 large thinly sliced onions. (I prefer using a food processor)
- 2 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp flour
- 6 cups of beef consomme (about 5 cans)
- salt if needed
- 1 tsp pepper
- Fresh parmesan or swiss cheese
- Slice onions thin or use a food processor and brown them in the butter using a large pot.
- Stir in flour, making a roux and slowly add the consomme stirring while adding it to make it smooth.
- Season with salt (if needed) and pepper to taste and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with some fresh grated parmesan or swiss cheese over the top and fresh toasted bread.
NotesEasy to make but doesn't mean this soup lacks any flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More