- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lg. red bell pepper, chopped into 1" squares
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (Swanson)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chinkiang Black vinegar
- 1tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry.
- Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the thighs.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Cut the red bell pepper in half, remove the seeds, and cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, oyster sauce, dry sherry,
- Chinkiang black vinegar, chili-garlic sauce and brown sugar.
- Set aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and brown on both sides. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Do not clean out the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic into the pan, and cook until the onion is softened (about 5 minutes). Add the red pepper into the pan.
- Cook briefly, then add the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then add the chicken thighs back into the pan.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer the chicken until the juices in the thickest part of the thigh are clear when pierced with a fork (about 15 minutes).
- Stir the chicken occasionally while cooking. Serve hot over rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More