EASY PATE BRISEE
Easy Pate Brisee
- Servings: This makes 2 crusts
- Preparation Time: 5 mins. excluding chill
- 187 grams (6.5 oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut in pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50 ml (1.5 oz) full fat milk at room temperature
- 250 grams (9 oz) all purpose flour
Place butter in a bowl and beat to soften.
Stir in salt and egg yolk.
Stir the sugar into the milk and pour into the butter. (I found it does not mix. Don't worry about it.)
Add flour and stir into the butter mixture gently bringing it together in the bowl.
On a floured surface, lightly knead the pastry just until it forms a soft moist dough.
Shape the dough into a ball and flatten slightly. Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for at least two hours before use.
The dough can be kept for 2 days in the fridge, or wrapped and frozen. (Defrost in fridge before using. Don't knead again.)