- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryNot sure where it came from but it's been made by our family for many years and is always a big hit. The great thing about it is that you can mould it, so for birthday cakes it is brilliant. I would suggest at least doubling the recipe for a party. In the picture I have made a champagne bottle for my sister's 18th birthday.
It can also be adapted to be wheat/dairy free.
Have fun and enjoy :)
- I would recommend doubling the mixture:
- 8oz (200g) digestive biscuits
- 3oz (75g) margarine - butter doesn't work as well
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Crush the biscuits well and put into a large bowl.
- Melt all other ingredients in a saucepan.
- Pour the chocolate goodness onto the biscuits and mix well.
- Put in to a tin or mould to a shape.
- Put in fridge and ...
- Ta Dah - its read to eat!!
- You can also add toppings to it such as chocolate buttons, icing...anything really.