- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- I would recommend doubling the mixture:
- 8oz (200g) digestive biscuits
- 3oz (75g) margarine - butter doesn't work as well
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Crush the biscuits well and put into a large bowl.
- Melt all other ingredients in a saucepan.
- Pour the chocolate goodness onto the biscuits and mix well.
- Put in to a tin or mould to a shape.
- Put in fridge and ...
- Ta Dah - its read to eat!!
- You can also add toppings to it such as chocolate buttons, icing...anything really.
NotesNot sure where it came from but it's been made by our family for many years and is always a big hit. The great thing about it is that you can mould it, so for birthday cakes it is brilliant. I would suggest at least doubling the recipe for a party. In the picture I have made a champagne bottle for my sister's 18th birthday.
It can also be adapted to be wheat/dairy free.
Have fun and enjoy :)
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More